Download Sudasha Brata Katha Book PDF
You can download the Sudasha Brata Katha Book PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|Sudasha Brata Katha Book PDF
|No. of Pages
|Nov 3, 2022
Sudasha Brata Katha Overview
Sudasha Brata is observed mainly by women for the wellbeing of the family. The main ritual involves the tying of a sacred thread on the hand by women. The thread is only replaced during the next Sudasa Vrata. Ten knots are made in the thread, chanting 10 different names of Maa Lakshmi.
- On this day, married Orissa women fast for a day for the well-being of their families and worship Goddess Lakshmi.
- It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi loves a clean house, so women clean their houses before worshiping.
- After cleaning the house, they decorate the house with beautiful hi-chitas made of rice paste
- Women usually wear sarees in a combination of white and red or yellow colors for the puja.
- The specialty of this puja is that all the things used or offered to the goddess are in number 10, such as 10 types of flowers, 10 peta lata flowers, 10 manda pita and 10 monsoon fruits, 10 chena vog, 10 daba (scotch) grass and As much as twelve cabbage leaves and rice grains
- The puja begins before sunrise on Brahma Muhurta (between 2 am and 4 am). It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi visits the homes of her devotees during this time.
- 10 ‘Manda Pithas’ (steam cakes) are offered to Goddess Lakshmi on this occasion
- Married women tie a sacred thread (consisting of ten layers) on one right hand after ritual immersion in coconut water. Ten knots, made of thread chanting 10 different names of Goddess Lakshmi, are changed only during the next Sudasa Brata.
- Sudasa Brata Puja is performed in three stages – morning, midnight and before evening 10 balls of mashed chenna or cottage cheese mixed with banana, grated coconut and gourd are offered to the goddess in the morning, 10 manda pithas in the afternoon and pan vog before evening.
- Women must recite ‘Sudasa Brata’ on this day.