Guidence of preventive measures in market place
The spread of COVID-19 is a great threat to the world. In order to contain it, there are certain measures that need to be taken proactively by the government. Prevention is better than cure. This document outlines various generic precautionary measures to be adopted in addition to specific measures to be ensured at marketplaces to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines shall be applicable to both retail and wholesale markets.
Covid-19 preventive measures in market place
Among the bigger markets in India, some may also have malls and hypermarkets. This is why the guidelines issued earlier by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for all such establishments that can be found at https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/4SoPstobefollowedinShoppingMalls.pdf.
For restaurants, with marketplaces that are within the ministry guidelines issued by the Ministry (https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/3SoPstobefollowedinRestaurants.pdf) shall apply.
The simple public health measures are to be followed in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 by shop and establishment owners, visitors, and workers.
These measures includes:
- Physical distance of at least six feet should be followed as far as possible.
- Face masks should be made mandatory.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap (at least 40-60 seconds) even when you’re not visibly dirty. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can be used as an alternative (20 seconds) but only outside such as in shops and other places where they can be placed.
- You should show consideration for others when you cough or sneeze. Whenever possible, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue while you cough or sneeze to avoid spreading germs. If no tissue is available, use your arm to cover your mouth. And then get rid of the used tissues properly afterwards.
- Self-monitoring good health in every situation, and every illness should be reported to state or district helpline at the earliest.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- Installing and using the Aarogya Setu app will be advised to all.
For all of the information on Covid-19 guidelines in the market place, download the PDF attached in this blog.