Download Sarpanch Election Rules 2022 Marathi PDF
You can download the Sarpanch Election Rules 2022 Marathi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Sarpanch Election Rules 2022 Marathi PDF|
|No. of Pages||50|
|File size||2.8 MB|
|Date Added||Dec 3, 2022|
Sarpanch Election Rules 2022 Overview
1992 Constitution of India established a State Election Commission in each state of the country to conduct the elections of Gram Panchayats, Zilla Parishads/Panchayat Samitas, Nagar Parishads/Nagar Panchayats and Municipal Corporations in a free and transparent environment.
Filing of nomination papers, scrutiny, withdrawal of candidature, distribution of symbols, publication of list of election candidates, polling and counting of votes are the important stages in the election process.
- Election of Gram Panchayat members or election to fill any vacancy shall be held on such dates as may be appointed by the State Election Commission.
- The Collector concerned is responsible for preparation of voter lists for Gram Panchayat elections as well as ward division.
- A separate voter list cannot be prepared for the Gram Panchayat elections, but the list of the respective Maharashtra Legislative Assembly is used.
- Ward-wise electoral rolls are published through the Tehsildar on such date as the State Election Commission may direct.
- A person whose name is in the electoral roll and who has completed 18 years of age can exercise the right to vote.
- A voter cannot vote more than once if his name appears more than once in the electoral roll of the same or different constituencies.
- There is a provision of punishment up to a maximum of one year for registering as a voter in more than one place.
- The tenure of the Gram Panchayat and its members is 5 years and is counted from the first meeting of the Gram Panchayat.
- For gram panchayat elections the Tehsildar appoints the Election Returning Officer for one or more gram panchayats. Also election officer and tehsildar appoint polling station president.
- It is the responsibility of the Election Returning Officer of the concerned Gram Panchayat to provide the nomination paper to the candidate as per the demand.
- Election program of Gram Panchayat by notice board of tehsil, gram panchayat office, by notice at chavadi place in village and by giving dawandi etc. method is published.