Download Nag Panchami Vrat Katha & Pooja Vidhi Hindi PDF
You can download the Nag Panchami Vrat Katha & Pooja Vidhi Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Nag Panchami Vrat Katha & Pooja Vidhi Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||7|
|File size||749 KB|
|Date Added||Oct 28, 2022|
Nag Panchami Vrat Katha & Pooja Vidhi Overview
In India, Nepal and other countries where the followers of Hinduism live, they all traditionally worship the snake god on this day, and his blessings are sought for the welfare of the family. On this day, the snake deity is seen, which has great importance among the people, some mythological stories are also hidden behind it.
Story of Nag Panchami:
In ancient times a Sethji had seven sons. Seven were married. The wife of the youngest son was intelligent and well-mannered of noble character, but his brother was not.
One day when the elder daughter-in-law asked all the daughters-in-law to go along to bring yellow soil to take home, they started digging the soil with all the dhaliya and scabbard. Then a snake came out there, which the elder daughter-in-law started killing with a scabbard. Seeing this, the younger daughter-in-law stopped him and said- ‘Don’t kill him? This poor man is innocent.
Hearing this, the elder daughter-in-law did not kill her, then the snake sat on one side. Then the younger daughter-in-law said to him – ‘We come back now, don’t you go from here. Saying this, she went home with the soil with everyone and, getting stuck in the work there, forgot the promise she had made to the snake.
When she remembered that thing the next day, she took everyone along and reached there and seeing the snake sitting at that place said – Namaskar, snake brother! The snake said- ‘You have said brother, that’s why I leave you, otherwise I would have bitten you for telling a lie. She said – Brother I have made a mistake, I apologize to him, Then the snake said – Well, from today you have become my sister and I have become your brother. Ask whatever you want. She said – Brother! I have no one, it is good that you have become my brother.
After a few days, the snake came to his house in the form of a human and said, ‘Send my sister.’ Everyone said that ‘he had no brother, so he said – I am his brother in a distant relationship, childhood I had just gone out. On convincing him, the people of the house sent Choti with him.
He told on the way that ‘I am the snake there, so do not be afraid and grab my tail where there is difficulty in walking. She did as told and thus she reached his house. She was astonished to see the wealth and opulence there.
One day the snake’s mother said to him- ‘I am going out for a work, you should give cold milk to your brother. He did not notice this and gave him hot milk, in which his face was badly burnt. Seeing this, the snake’s mother became very angry. But on the explanation of the snake, she calmed down.
Then the snake said that the sister should now be sent to his house. Then the snake and his father gave him a lot of gold, silver, jewels, clothes and ornaments, etc. and brought him to his house.
Seeing so much wealth, the eldest daughter-in-law said with envy – Brother is very rich, you should bring more money from him. When the serpent heard this word, he brought all the things of gold and gave them. Seeing this, the elder daughter-in-law said- ‘The broom to sweep them should also be of gold’. Then the snake also brought the broom with gold.
The snake had given the younger daughter-in-law a wonderful necklace of diamonds and gems. The queen of that country also listened to her praise and she said to the king that the necklace of Seth’s younger daughter-in-law should come here. Will wear the necklace of the younger daughter-in-law, she will take it and give it to me. Due to fear, Sethji asked for a necklace from the younger daughter-in-law and gave it.
The younger daughter-in-law felt very bad about this thing, she remembered her snake brother and on coming prayed – Brother! The queen has snatched the necklace, you should do something such that when the necklace is around her neck, it becomes a snake and when she returns it to me, then it becomes of diamonds and gems. The snake did exactly that. As soon as the queen put on the necklace, she became a snake. Seeing this, the queen cried and started crying.
Seeing this, the king sent the news to Seth to send the younger daughter-in-law immediately. Sethji was scared that what would the king do not know? He himself appeared with the younger daughter-in-law. The king asked the younger daughter-in-law – what magic have you done, I will punish you. The younger daughter-in-law said – Rajan! Excuse my arrogance, this necklace is such that I have diamonds and gems around my neck and become a snake around the other’s neck. Hearing this, the king made that snake and gave him the necklace and said – show it by wearing it now. As soon as the younger daughter-in-law wore it, she became of diamonds and gems.
Seeing this, the king was convinced of his words and he was pleased and gave him many coins as a reward. The younger she returned home with her necklace and these. Seeing his wealth, the elder daughter-in-law out of jealousy taught her husband that the younger daughter-in-law had money from somewhere. Hearing this, her husband called his wife and said- Tell me exactly who gives you this money? Then she started remembering the snake.
Then at the same time the snake appeared and said – If my religion doubts the behavior of my sister, then I will eat her. Hearing this, the younger daughter-in-law’s husband was very pleased and he gave a great hospitality to the snake god. From that day the festival of Nagpanchami is celebrated and women worship the snake as a brother.
Nag Panchami Vrat Vidhana:
Nag Panchami is celebrated on Shukla Panchami of Sawan, at that time many people observe fast of Sawan. In which many people fast for Nag Panchami with the desire of money and food. On this day Shri Phal is offered in the temple of Nag Devta.
The venom of the snake is released by chanting the verse ‘Om Kurukulye Hum Phat Swaha’, and to avoid the wrath of the snake, Nag Panchami is worshipped.
Nag Panchami Pooja Vidhi:
- First of all, getting up before sunrise in the morning and taking a bath. Clean clothes are worn.
- Everyone has different rules in food, and according to them Bhog is offered. Dal baati is made in many homes. Kheer puri is made here for many people. Making rice here is considered wrong for many. Many families do not light the stove on this day, so there is a rule of eating stale in their house. In this way everyone prepares the bhog according to their own way.
- After this, this part is purified by applying ocher, which is a special stone, on a wall of the house for worship. This wall is the entrance to the house of many people and the wall of the kitchen of many. A square box is made on this small part with a coating like kajal made of coal and ghee. Small snakes are made inside this box. He is worshiped by making such a figure.
- In many families, this snake shape is made on paper.
- Many families make a snake shape with sandalwood at the entrance of the house, and worship it.
- After this worship, snake charmers are brought to the houses, who have snakes in tokens, which do not have teeth and their poison is removed. They are worshipped. They are offered milk and food by offering akshat, flowers, kumkum.
- It is customary to feed snakes with milk on this day. Also, donations are given to snake charmers.
- Many people also free the snake from the bondage of snake charmer by paying a price on this day.
- Bambi is also seen on this day. Bambi is a place for snakes to live. Which is made of clay, there are small pores in it. It looks like a mound.