Download Makar Sankranti Vrat Katha & Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF
You can download the Makar Sankranti Vrat Katha & Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Makar Sankranti Vrat Katha & Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||5|
|File size||628 KB|
|Date Added||Jan 14, 2023|
Overview of Makar Sankranti Vrat Katha & Puja Vidhi
India is the land of festivals and celebrations. There are many such festivals and festivals in Hindu religion, behind which there is definitely some scientific and natural reason.
Makar Sankranti is also one of the most important festivals of India which has a special significance in itself. Sun God is worshiped on the day of Makar Sankranti. Suryadev is considered the king of the planets in the entire planetary system. He provides nourishment to the various living beings of this world through his energy.
Along with nutrition, they also communicate fuel, energy and positivity. Therefore, this festival is also a means of expressing gratitude to the Sun God. The day of Makar Sakranti is also considered best for charity and charity. If you want to earn the special grace of Sun God, then definitely worship him on the day of Makar Sankranti.
Story of Makar Sankranti
According to Shrimad Bhagwat and Devi Purana, Shani Maharaj had enmity with his father because he saw the Sun God discriminating between Shani Dev’s mother Chhaya and Surya Dev’s second wife Sangya’s son Yamraj. had separated his son Shani from himself. Due to this Shani and Chhaya had cursed the Sun God with leprosy.
Yamraj was very sad to see his father Suryadev suffering from leprosy. Yamraj did penance to get Suryadev free from leprosy, but Surya got angry and burnt the house of Shani Maharaj, Kumbh, which is called Shani’s zodiac sign. Shani and his mother Chhaya were suffering because of this. Yamraj, seeing his step mother and brother Shani in distress, explained a lot to father Surya for their welfare. After that, Surya Dev reached Shani’s house in Kumbh.
Everything was lit in Aquarius. At that time Shani Dev had nothing but mole, so he worshiped Sun God with black mole. Pleased with the worship of Shani, Surya Dev blessed Shani that Capricorn, the second house of Shani, will be filled with wealth and grains when I come. Shani had regained his glory because of mole, that’s why mole is dear to Shani Dev. From this time, the rule of worshiping Sun and Shani with mole started on Makar Sankranti.
Makar Sankranti Puja Vidhi:
- On the day of Makar Sankranti, the worship of Lord Surya Dev has special significance.
- On the day of Makar Sankranti, get up early in the morning before sunrise and take a bath by mixing sesame seeds in the bath water.
- After that wear red clothes and taking water in the right hand, take a pledge to fast without eating salt for the whole day.
- In the morning, offer water to the Sun God by adding pure water, sesame, red sandalwood, red push, Akshat, jaggery etc. to the Sun God.
- While offering water to Sun God, keep a copper vessel below in which collect all the water.
- Pour the water collected in a copper vessel to the Madar plant.
- Chant the following mantra while offering water –
- Om Ghrini Surya Adityaya Namah:
- After this, praise the Sun God through the following mantras and salute the Sun God –
- OM SURYA NAMAS.
- OM ADITYAYA NAMAH.
- OM Saptarchishe Namah.
- OM SAVITRE NAMAH.
- OM MARTANDAYA NAMAH.
- OM VISNUVE NAMAH.
- OM BHASKARAAYA NAMAH.
- OM BHANAVE NAMAH.
- OM Marichaye Namah.
- You can also recite Srinarayan Kavach, Aditya Hriday Stotra and Vishnu Sahasranamam on the day of Makar Sankranti, this will give you special auspicious results.
- After completing the worship of Lord Surya, donate sesame seeds, urad dal, rice, jaggery, vegetables, some money as dakshina and clothes etc. to a Brahmin.
- On this day God should be offered sesame seeds and khichdi and Brahmins should be fed.