Download Grammar Tenses Exercises with Answers PDF
You can download the Grammar Tenses Exercises with Answers PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Grammar Tenses Exercises with Answers PDF|
|No. of Pages||25|
|File size||1 MB|
|Date Added||Sep 15, 2022|
Grammar Tenses Overview
In grammar, tense is the time of a verb’s action or its state of being. Such as
- present (something happening now),
- past (something happened earlier), or
- future (something going to happen).
These are called the verb’s time frame. For example, examine I walk (present), I walked (past), and I will walk (future).
These tenses can further be categorized into 4 types:
- Simple Tense
- Continuous Tense
- Perfect Tense
- Perfect Continuous Tense
- Simple Past Tense- He danced in the function.
- Past Perfect Tense- He had exercised before it started to rain.
- Past Continuous Tense- It was getting darker.
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense- At that time, he had been writing a novel for two months.
- Simple Present Tense- He walk to school.
- Present Perfect Tense- He has finished the work.
- Present Continuous Tense- She is walking.
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense- He has been sleeping for an hour.
- Simple Future Tense- He will walk home.
- Future Perfect Tense- By the time we arrive, he will have studied.
- Future Continuous Tense- He will be walking when it starts to rain.
- Future Perfect Continuous Tense- He will have been exercising an hour at 2:00