Download Farmers Bill 2020 PDF
You can download the Farmers Bill (Produce Trade & Commerce) 2020 in PDF Format for free by clicking the direct drive link below this page.
Farmers Bill 2020 PDF
Parliament today passed two bills aimed at upliftment of the agriculture sector and increasing the income of farmers. The Agricultural Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020 and the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Price Assurance and Agreement on Agricultural Services Bill, 2020 were passed by the Lok Sabha today (September 17, 2020) while the Rajya Sabha today This bill was passed. This bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha on September 14, 2020, by the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, to convert the ordinance which came on June 5, 2020, into law.
Speaking about the Bill, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar said that the Government under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has taken several steps in the last 6 years to provide better price to the farmers for their produce and to raise their standard of living. He further said that the procurement of food grains would continue at the Minimum Support Price. The Prime Minister himself has assured in this regard. There has been a significant increase in the rates of MSP between 2014-2020. The MSP for the upcoming Rabi season will be announced in the coming week. The Union Agriculture Minister said that complete security of farmers has been ensured in these bills.
Kisan Bill Main Provisions
- Giving freedom to the farmers to sell their produce, to create such a system where farmers and traders can easily trade the products outside the agricultural produce market through other means as well.
- This bill will provide opportunities and arrangements for farmers to sell their produce freely, within and outside the state, at any place in the country other than the notified mandis of the states.
- Farmers will not have to pay any cess for their produce and will not have to bear the cost of freight.
- The Bill will provide an e-trading platform to farmers to ensure seamless trade through electronic means.
- In addition to the mandis, there will be freedom of trade in the formgate, cold storage, warehouse, processing units in the trade area.
- Farmers will be able to connect directly with the buyer so that instead of the middlemen getting the benefits, the farmers can get the full price of their produce.
Leave a Reply