Download Election Duty Exemption Rules 2022 PDF
You can download the Election Duty Exemption Rules 2022 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Election Duty Exemption Rules 2022 PDF|
|No. of Pages||135|
|File size||635 KB|
|Date Added||Dec 8, 2022|
Election Duty Exemption Rules Overview
The Election Commission wants to put in place a system for officers who want to exempt themselves from election duty on health grounds, to go through a due process before their applications are accepted. The Election Commission has set many rules for all types of elections such as general elections, gram panchayat elections, assembly elections, etc.
- The election of the members of the Gram Panchayat or the election to fill any vacancy shall be held on such dates as may be appointed by the State Election Commission.
- The concerned collector is responsible for preparing the voter list for the gram panchayat elections as well as for the ward division.
- Separate voter list cannot be prepared for Gram Panchayat elections, but the list of the respective Maharashtra Legislative Assembly is used.
- The ward wise voter list is published through the Tehsildar on the date directed by the State Election Commission.
- A person whose name is in the electoral roll and who has completed 18 years of age can exercise the right to vote.
- A voter cannot vote more than once if his name appears more than once in the electoral rolls of the same or different constituencies.
- There is a provision of punishment up to a maximum of one year for registering as a voter at more than one place.
- The tenure of the Gram Panchayat and its members is 5 years and it is counted from the first meeting of the Gram Panchayat.
- For Gram Panchayat elections, the Tehsildar appoints the Election Returning Officer for one or more Gram Panchayats. Also the Election Officer and Tehsildar appoint the polling station president.
- It is the responsibility of the Election Returning Officer of the concerned Gram Panchayat to provide nomination papers as per the demand of the candidate.
- Gram Panchayat election schedule by Tehsil notice board, Gram Panchayat office, by giving notice at Chawdi place in the village and by giving Dawandi etc. The method has been published.