Download Dev Utthana Ekadashi Vrat Katha Hindi PDF
You can download the Dev Utthana Ekadashi Vrat Katha Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Dev Utthana Ekadashi Vrat Katha Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||6|
|File size||590 KB|
|Date Added||Jan 6, 2023|
Overview of Dev Utthana Ekadashi Vrat Katha
Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month is called Dev Uthani Ekadashi. In different regions of the country, Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known locally by the names Devuthani Gyaras, Devotthan Ekadashi and Prabodhini Ekadashi etc.
Dev Uthani Ekadashi has great importance in Hindu religious beliefs. A person gets the fruit of charity done on this day many times more. Worship of Mother Tulsi also has special significance on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi. If you also want to get the blessings of Lord Shri Hari Vishnu in your life, then do fast on Prabodhini Ekadashi.
Story of Dev Uthani Ekadashi:
In the kingdom of a king, all the people used to fast on Ekadashi. From subjects and servants to animals, food was not given on the day of Ekadashi. One day a person from another state came to the king and said – Maharaj! Please keep me on the job. Then the king put a condition in front of him that okay, let’s keep it. But everyday you will get everything to eat, but on Ekadashi you will not get food.
That person said ‘yes’ at that time, but on the day of Ekadashi, when he was given the fruit item, he went in front of the king and started begging – Maharaj! This will not fill my stomach. I will die of hunger. Give me food The king reminded him of the condition, but he did not agree to give up the food, then the king gave him flour, pulses, rice etc. He reached the river as usual and took a bath and started cooking. When the food was ready, he started calling God – come God! the food is ready.
After fifteen days, on the next Ekadashi, he started saying to the king that Maharaj, give me double the goods. That day I remained hungry. When the king asked the reason, he told that God also eats with us. That’s why this stuff is not complete for both of us. On being called, Lord wearing Pitambar arrived in quadrilateral form and started eating with him with love. After eating the food, God disappeared and he went to his work.
After fifteen days, on the next Ekadashi, he started saying to the king that Maharaj, give me double the goods. That day I remained hungry. When the king asked the reason, he told that God also eats with us. That’s why this stuff is not complete for both of us. The king was very surprised to hear this. He said – I cannot believe that God eats with you. I keep a lot of fast, worship, but God never appeared to me.
After listening to the king, he said – Maharaj! If you don’t believe then come along and see. The king sat hiding behind a tree. That person cooked food and kept calling God till evening, but God did not come. At last he said – Oh God! If you don’t come, I will die by jumping into the river.
But God did not come, then he moved towards the river with the aim of sacrificing his life. Knowing his firm intention to sacrifice his life, soon God appeared and stopped him and started eating together. After eating and drinking, they made him sit in their plane and took him to his abode. Seeing this, the king thought that fasting is of no use until the mind is pure. The king got knowledge from this. He also started fasting from his heart and finally got heaven.
- Make pillars around the Tulsi plant.
- Then decorate the pylon on it.
- Make Ashtadal Kamal with Rangoli.
- Draw the conch shell, wheel and feet of the cow.
- Plant gooseberry pot with basil.
- Worship Tulsi Panchopchar Sarvang.
- Invoke Tulsi with Dashakshari mantra.
- Dashakshari mantra of Tulsi-Shri Hree Kleem Ain Vrindavanyai Swaha.
- Show ghee lamp and incense.
- Offer vermilion, roli, sandalwood and naivedya.
- Beautify Tulsi with clothes.
- Then read Lakshmi Ashtotra or Damodar Ashtotra.
- Donate lamps around Tulsi.
- The fruit of offering Tulsi to Sri Hari on the day of Ekadashi is equal to ten thousand cattle.
- Those couples who do not have children should read Tulsi Namashtak.
- The recitation of Tulsi Namashtak not only leads to early marriage, but also the separated relatives come closer.
- There is no shortage of wealth in the new house by entering the new house with a Tulsi plant, a picture or statue of Shri Hari Narayan and an urn filled with water.
- To get a job, to increase business, tie a Shyama Tulsi plant in a yellow cloth and keep it in the office or shop on Thursday. By doing this, business will increase and there will be promotion in the job.
- Do parikrama of Tulsi ji 11 times.