Download Dev Uthani Ekadashi Katha Hindi PDF
You can download the Dev Uthani Ekadashi Katha Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Dev Uthani Ekadashi Katha Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||5|
|File size||610 KB|
|Date Added||Nov 5, 2022|
Dev Uthani Ekadashi Overview
Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month is called Dev Uthani Ekadashi. Locally, Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known by the names Devuthani Gyaras, Devotthan Ekadashi and Prabodhini Ekadashi in different regions of the country.
Devuthani Ekadashi has great importance in Hindu religious beliefs. Donations made on this day – the fruit of virtue is obtained by multiplying the person manifold. Worship of Mata Tulsi on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi also has special significance. If you also want to get the blessings of Lord Shri Hari Vishnu ji in your life, then you must observe the fast of Prabodhini Ekadashi.
Story of Dev Uthani Ekadashi:
In the kingdom of a king, all the people kept fast on Ekadashi. From the subjects and servants to the animals, food was not given on the day of Ekadashi. One day a person from another state came to the king and said – Maharaj! Please hire me. Then the king put a condition in front of him that okay, let’s keep it. But every day you will get everything to eat, but on Ekadashi you will not get food.
That person said ‘yes’ at that time, but on the day of Ekadashi, when he was given fruits and vegetables, he went in front of the king and started pleading – Maharaj! This will not fill my stomach. I will die of hunger. Give me food The king reminded him of the condition, but he did not agree to give up the food, then the king gave him flour, pulses, rice etc. He reached the river as usual and after taking bath started cooking food. When the food was ready, he started calling God – come God! the food is ready.
After fifteen days, on the next Ekadashi, he started telling the king that Maharaj, give me double the goods. That day I remained hungry. When the king asked the reason, he told that God also eats with us. That’s why this stuff is not complete for both of us. On being called, the Lord, wearing a Pitamber, came in a quadrilateral form and started eating with him with love. After eating food, the Lord disappeared and he went to his work.
After fifteen days, on the next Ekadashi, he started telling the king that Maharaj, give me double the goods. That day I remained hungry. When the king asked the reason, he told that God also eats with us. That’s why this stuff is not complete for both of us. The king was surprised to hear this. He said – I cannot believe that God eats with you. I keep such a fast, I do worship, but God has never appeared to me.
After listening to the king, he said – Maharaj! If you don’t believe me, have a look. The king sat hiding behind a tree. The man cooked food and kept on calling God till evening, but God did not come. At last he said- Oh my God! If you don’t come, I will jump into the river and give up my life.
But God did not come, then he proceeded towards the river with the aim of sacrificing his life. Knowing his strong intention to give up his life, soon the Lord appeared and stopped him and sat down to eat food together. After eating and drinking, they took him to his abode by putting him in his plane. Seeing this, the king thought that fasting is of no use unless the mind is pure. This gave knowledge to the king. He also started fasting with his heart and finally attained heaven.
तुलसी पूजा मंत्र
देवी त्वं निर्मिता पूर्वमर्चितासि मुनीश्वरैः ।
नमो नमस्ते तुलसी पापं हर हरिप्रिये ।।
ॐ श्री तुलस्यै विद्महे।
विष्णु प्रियायै धीमहि।
तन्नो वृन्दा प्रचोदयात्।।
तुलसी श्रीर्महालक्ष्मीर्विद्याविद्या यशस्विनी।
धर्म्या धर्मानना देवी देवीदेवमन: प्रिया।।
लभते सुतरां भक्तिमन्ते विष्णुपदं लभेत्। तुलसी भूर्महालक्ष्मी: पद्मिनी श्रीर्हरप्रिया।।
- Make pillars around the Tulsi plant.
- Then decorate a pylon on it.
- Make Ashtadal lotus from Rangoli.
- Make conch shell, chakra and cow’s feet.
- Plant a gooseberry pot with basil.
- Do Panchopchar Sarvaang Puja of Tulsi.
- Invoke Tulsi with Dashakshari Mantra.
- Tulsi’s Dashakshari Mantra – Shree Hreem Klein and Vrindavanayai Swaha.
- Show ghee lamp and incense.
- Offer vermilion, roli, sandalwood and naivedya.
- Decorate Tulsi with cloth ornaments.
- Then read Lakshmi Ashtotra or Damodar Ashtotra.
- Light a lamp around Tulsi.
- The fruit of offering Tulsi to Sri Hari on Ekadashi is equivalent to ten thousand cows.
- Couples who do not have children here should read Tulsi Namashtak
- The recitation of Tulsi Namashtak not only leads to early marriage but also brings close relatives who are separated.
- There is no dearth of property in the new house by entering a new house with a Tulsi plant, a picture or a statue of Shri Hari Narayan and an urn filled with water.
- To get a job, to increase business, tie a Shyama Tulsi plant in a yellow cloth and keep it in the office or shop on Thursday. By doing this business will increase and there will be promotion in the job.
- Do the circumambulation of Tulsi ji 11 times.