Download Chhath Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF
You can download the Chhath Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Chhath Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||3|
|File size||531 KB|
|Date Added||Oct 29, 2022|
Chhath Puja Vidhi Overview
The festival of Chhath Puja is one of the most popular festivals in India. On this festival, women observe Nirjala fast for the whole day for the long life of their children and for the attainment of children. The festival of Chhath Puja is celebrated on the sixth day of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month.
This festival is mainly celebrated in Bihar and Jharkhand. The great festival of Chhath Puja continues for four consecutive days and it starts with bathing.
This festival is celebrated for four days and the sixth maiya is prayed to protect the child. In Chhath Puja, especially the Sun God is worshipped. In which water is given to the setting sun along with the rising sun.
- During Chhath festival, worship is not done in the temples nor is there any cleanliness in the house.
- Two days before the festival, on Chaturthi, food is eaten after retiring from bathing.
- After fasting on Panchami, in the evening, after bathing in a pond or river, Arghya is offered to the Sun God. After that Alona (without salt) food is done.
- On the day of Shashthi, a resolution is taken in the morning after bathing. Chant these mantras while taking a resolution.
- After remaining waterless for the whole day, Neerja is bathed again in the river or pond and Arghya is offered to the Sun God.
- There is also a method of offering prayers. Put banana and other fruits, alona prasad, cane etc. in a bamboo soup and cover it with a yellow cloth. After that, keep the lamp in the soup and take the soup in both the hands while reciting this mantra, offer Arghya to the Sun God after setting three times.
OM Ehi Surya Sahasransho Tejo Rashi Jagatpate.
O Sun with compassion accept me with devotion offering arghya
First day – bath and eat
Chhath Puja begins with bathing and after bathing on this day, the fasting women take a vow to observe the Sun God as a witness. After this, the fast is started after consuming gram vegetable, rice and greens.
Day 2 – Kharna
Kharna is held on the second day of Chhath Puja and women observe fast on this day. In the evening, jaggery kheer is made on this day and the most important thing is that there is a tradition of making this kheer on an earthen stove.
Third day – Chhath
Chhath is the third day and on this day women go to a pond, river or ghat. Where Chhathi Maiya is worshipped. In this puja, women stand in water and offer Arghya to the setting sun. After this, there is a tradition of coming back home and filling Kosi.
Fourth day – Parana
The fast is broken on the fourth day of Chhath Puja and the Chhath festival comes to an end. On this day, women go to the ghat in the morning before sunrise and stand in the water and worship the rising sun and offer Arghya. Then the fast is broken by eating prasad.