Download Biography of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla Class 10 PDF
You can download the Biography of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla Class 10 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Biography of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla Class 10 PDF|
|No. of Pages||7|
|File size||215 KB|
|Date Added||Jan 19, 2023|
Overview of Biography of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla
The full name of Ramchandra Shukla ji is Acharya Ramchandra Shukla and he is also known as Shukla ji. He was born on October 4, 1884, in a village named Agona in Basti district.
He is called the emperor of criticism in the Hindi literary world. Acharya Ramchandra Shukla’s father’s name was Pandit Chandrabali Shukla and mother’s name was Vibhashi. He f. a. Had received education up to intermediate. His livelihood used to run through teaching, writing and professorship. Shukla ji died in 1941 AD.
Ramchandra Shukla’s language was pure literary, simple and practical and his language style was descriptive, critical, explanatory, critical and emotional. Shukla ji was rich in prodigious talent. Along with this, he has contributed immensely in the world of Hindi literature as an essayist, translator, critic and editor.
|Name||Acharya Ramchandra Shukla 1884 AD|
|Place||Agona village of Basti district|
|Father’s name||Chandrabali Shukla|
|Education||F. a. (Intermediate)|
|Career||teaching, writing, professor|
|Writing-genre||Criticism, Essay, Drama, Magazine, Poetry, History etc.|
|Language||pure literary, simple and practical language|
|General||Descriptive, critical, explanatory, critical, affective and|
|Identity in literature||essayist, translator, critic, editor|
|Place in literature||Shukla ji is called the emperor of criticism in the world of Hindi literature.|
- The great Hindi litterateur Acharya Ramchandra Shukla was born on October 4, 1884 in Agona village of Basti district in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- His father’s name was Chandrabali Shukla and he was Supervisor Kanungo. Ramchandra ji passed the high school entrance examination from the Mission School in Mirzapur district.
- Acharyaji’s schooling was not correct. Due to his weakness in mathematics, his education could not progress further. He later took admission in Kayastha Pathshala, Allahabad (present-day Prayagraj) for the intermediate examination, but left his school before giving the last examination.
- Ramchandra ji also got a job in the court of Mirzapur, but Shukla ji did not like that. Due to which he left that job. Later Acharya Ramchandra Shukla became a painting teacher in the Mission School of Mirzapur.
- Meanwhile, Acharya Shukla had acquired a good knowledge of Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Bangla etc. languages through self-study. After that, he started writing in newspapers and magazines. After some time, he was appointed as Professor of Hindi in Kashi Hindu University.
- After the retirement of Babu Shyamsundar Das, Shuklaji also remained on the post of Chairman of the Hindi Department. While working on this post, Acharya Ramchandra Shukla died on February 2, 1941.
- Ramchandra ji, who gave a new dimension to the Hindi essay and established it on a solid ground, was an eminent critic of Hindi literature, an excellent essayist, an unbiased historian, a great stylist and an epoch-maker. He wrote both theoretical and practical criticisms.
- Due to his scholarship, Acharyaji was invited to cooperate in the editing work of ‘Hindi Shabd Sagar’. He also edited the magazine ‘Kashi Nagari Pracharini’ for 19 years. He also did some translations in English and Bengali.
- Criticism was his main subject and also his favorite subject. He initiated the tradition of history writing by writing ‘History of Hindi Literature’.
Compositions of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla
His compositions are as follows –
|Essays||Chintamani (two parts), Vicharavithi.|
|Criticism||Rasmimansa, Triveni (Criticisms on Sur, Tulsi and Jayasi).|
|History||History of Hindi literature.|
|Editing||Tulsi Granthawali, Jaisi Granthawali, Hindi Shabd Sagar, Nagari Pracharini Patrika, Bhramargeet Saar, Anand Kadambini.|
|Poetic works||Abhimanyu slaughter, eleven years time.|
Language style of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla
Shukla ji had complete command over the language. On the one hand, he used pure literary name language in his creations and gave importance to similar vocabulary of Sanskrit origin. On the other hand, Urdu, Persian and English words were also used in his compositions.
Shukla ji’s style is critical and moderate. His style is also called incorporation style. The most prominent feature of Shukla ji was that he was able to say maximum in minimum number of words.
An attempt has been made to explain the language style of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla in the following way: –
Language (Bhasha) – Acharya Ramchandra Shukla has good dominance over many languages. He studied most of the languages sitting at home.
The language of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla is a pure literary language, in which plurality of similar words of Sanskrit is also seen.
Shukla ji’s language is practical and simple, words of Arabic, Persian, Urdu etc. are also visible in his creations.
Rural words like arm, slap etc. as well as idioms, proverbs etc. have been used in abundance in their language.
Style – The style of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla is critical and moderate. when they talk about something they explain it
That’s why his style is also called incorporation style. Generally speaking, the following styles are prominently visible in his creations:-
Critical style – Ramchandra Shukla is the father of critical style. His style is both emotional and theoretical. What is poetry? Tulsi’s sentimental essay etc. are examples of this.
Explanatory style – Acharya Ramchandra Shukla was also a teacher, so he used to go everywhere explaining the topics which seem difficult. This is his simplest style.
Critical Style – This style of Acharya Ramchandra Shukla is the main style, which is used in the essay. Ideological in this style of Shukla ji
And the seriousness is evident, due to which some sentences also become longer. Due to the seriousness of contemplation, at some places, the clutter and heaviness is also visible.
Along with this, emotional style, descriptive style, humorous sarcastic style are also seen in his styles. He has used all these styles in his compositions in a different advanced way.
Acharya Ramchandra Shukla’s place in literature
Shukla ji, who gave a new dimension to the Hindi essay, was a critic, essayist and era promoter of Hindi literature. The period of his contemporary Hindi prose is addressed by the name of ‘Shukla Yuga’.
As a result of his literary services, Hindi could get an important place in world literature. Identity in literature Place in literature comic-sarcastic.
Shukla ji’s contribution to literature
Acharya Ramchandra Shukla remained engaged in the service of literature throughout his life. He provided his invaluable works to Hindi literature.
For this reason, he had also made his own identity in Hindi literature. Shukla ji’s literary career started with poetry and after that he emerged as an essayist, editor and critic.
He also worked as an editor in magazines like Anand Kadambini, Nagari Pracharini Sabha, Hindi Shabd Sagar. Literary psychosis essay written by Acharya Ramchandra Shukla has a different identity in Hindi literature.