Download Assam Holiday List 2023 PDF
You can download the Assam Holiday List 2023 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|Assam Holiday List 2023 PDF
|No. of Pages
|Jan 7, 2023
Overview of Assam Holiday List 2023
These Holidays will not be automatically applicable to the Educational Institutions, Medical/Engineering Colleges unless they adopt the list but it is desirable that the number of holidays may be decreased for Educational Institutions, Medical/Engineering Colleges etc. and they will adopt academic calendars decreasing the number of holidays.
GAD-14021 /18/2022-ESTT-GAD-General Administrative
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Block-A, 2nd Floor, Janata Bhawan, email@example.com, https://gad.assam.gov.in/
ORDERS BY THE GOVERNOR
LIST OF HOLIDAYS FOR 2023 IN THE STATE OF ASSAM
Dated Dispur the 28th November, 2022
1. The Governor of Assam is pleased to declare that the Offices under the Government of Assam and all Revenue and Magisterial Courts in Assam will remain closed on the following days during the year-2023
2. The Governor of Assam is pleased to declare Half Holidays (at 1 P.M.) in the offices under the Government of Assam and all Revenue and Magisterial Courts in Assam on the following days during the year 2023:
- 29th July 2023 – Saturday – Muharram
- 28th October 2023 – Saturday – Lakshmi Puja
3. All Sundays & Holidays falling on the days shown below are also declared as Public Holidays by the Governor of Assam under Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act,1881 (XXIV of 1881) read with the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs Notification No.20/25/56 Pub-1.dated 8th June, 1957
a) There will be no Public Transaction in the Nationalized Banks on the following days.
- 1st April 2023 – Saturday – Annual Closing of Bank Accounts
4. All Second Saturdays and Fourth Saturdays of the months will be observed as Holidays. All other Saturdays will be full working days.
5. Each employee may be allowed to avail 2(two) days as Restricted Holidays as notified below for the year 2023.
6. If any of the Holidays or Restricted Holidays for the festivals notified above does not fall on the day notified, necessary modification changing the date will be issued in due course.
7. In addition to the Gazetted/Restricted Holidays and Holidays under N.I. Act 1881, all 2nd and 4th Saturdays would also be observed as Holidays. The Deputy Commissioners are allowed as in previous years to declare any l(one) day which may be of local significance as Local Holiday except Kamrup (M). With the approval of Hon’ble Chief Minister, General Administration Department Is authorized to declare 2(two) Local Holidays for Kamrup (M) District.
8. General Administration Department is allowed to declare 2 (two) additional holidays with the approval of Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam.
9. These Holidays will not be automatically applicable to the Educational Institutions, Medical/ Engineering Colleges unless they adopt the list but it is desirable that the number of holidays may be decreased for Educational Institutions, Medical/ Engineering Colleges etc. and they will adopt academic calendars decreasing the number of holidays.
Signed by M.s Manivannan
Date: 29-11-2022 17:37:49
(M.S. Manivannan, IAS)
Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt, of Assam,
General Administration Department.
Dated Dispur the 28th November,2022
|Festival or Occasion
|Magh Bihu &
|Netaji Subhas Chandra
|Gwther Bathou San
|Bir Chilarai Divas
|Tithi of Damodardeva
|Sati Sadhani Divas
|Janmotsav of Sri
|Tithi of Srimatna Sankardev
|Tithi of Sri Sri Madhabdeva
|Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva
|Birthday of Mahatma Gandhi
|Kali Puja & Diwali
|Guru Nanak’s Birthday
|Asom Divas (Su-Ka-Pha-Divas)